Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Off We Go!

A day that felt like it would never come has finally arrived!  Tomorrow we will board a plane that will begin our journey to a beautiful little African country where we will meet a beautiful little African girl.  There have been moments on this crazy journey that I didn't think I would make it.  I didn't believe that I could do the things God had asked me to do.  I didn't think I could say "yes" to some of the things God has called us to say "yes" to.  But God has called us all to do big things...not by our own strength but 100% through His strength.  We know that on this journey to our daughter and when we bring her home, we will still face challenges that call us to rely solely on our God.  And that's a good thing.  How will I ever know the power of His might and the strength of His arms and His peace that passes all understanding if I never do anything in this life that requires me to lean on Him? Whatever we face, we face with His strength because our daughter deserves to be with her family, no matter the cost.  She is worth it.  Saying "yes" to God's call is worth it.

I am so excited to embark on this journey tomorrow.  I am so excited to get to know my daughter and build a relationship with her.  I am excited to experience her country...the sights, sounds, flavors, and culture.  I am excited that in just a few short days, I will see in person the reason we have gone on this journey.  She is worth it.  Her Father in heaven believes that and so do I.  And He will continue to go before us and prepare the way.

So how can you help?  Pray, pray, pray!
  • Pray that our daughter's heart will be prepared and that God will bind our hearts together as we begin the bonding process in Uganda
  • Pray for health and safe travels
  • Pray that the officials in Uganda will be positive towards our case and that the various documents will move quickly and efficiently through the system
  • Pray that God's strength and peace will be with our family every moment of this journey.  Pray that when troubles arise and fear and anxiety weigh on us, that our Father will carry us through
We are absolutely so grateful for the outpouring of love and support we have received!  We are thankful for each and every one of you who have encouraged us on this journey.  We need you now more than every!

Created using Visme. The Free Online Presentation Tool.

2 comments:

  1. What a lucky little girl to have you and Tyler as her parents😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited!!! Praying for the power of God to remove all obstacles from your path so that you bring your daughter home soon!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete